The Singapore Writers Festival Organising Committee is currently looking for volunteers to assist us in Front-of-House, Event Operations and Artiste Liaison roles during the Festival, and would be happy to have NTU/Epiphany students with them. More details below:
Friday 2 November – Sunday 11 November 2012
The Arts House:
· 6pm – 2am on weekends
· 6pm – 11pm on weekdays
All other venues:
· 9am – 9pm on weekends, Thursday and Friday
Lunch and/or dinner provided
· 2pm – 9pm on Monday – Wednesday
Dinner and/or tea provided
· Singapore Management University
· The National Museum
· The Singapore Art Museum
· The Arts House
· The Peranakan Museum
· Switch by Timbre
· School of the Arts
· Registration and ticket-tearing/ festival pass verification
· Door and venue ushering
· Manage members of the public / crowds outside a event room / specific requests
· Provide informed answers to queries on SWF 2012 programmes, venues and miscellaneous questions
· Refresh panellists and workshop audience supplies (water, clipboards, paper and pens) between sessions
· Keep time for moderators
· Assist moderators in managing audience and handing out microphones during Q&A sessions
· Standby to help with writers’ requests
· Meet and greet writers at airport on arrival
· Accompany writers between festival hotel and airport (at arrival & departure)
· Accompany writers between festival hotel and festival venues (during participation dates)
· Standby to help with writers’ requests
· Age 16 and above
· Mature, conscientious, committed and responsible
· Good communication skills
· Some knowledge of Singapore and international literary arts scene
· Keen interest in furthering the pursuit of social wellness through literature
Official Bookstore vouchers
Free entry to Festival Pass events on the days that you are off-duty
Limited-edition Festival Crew T-shirt
To apply, just drop Epiphany an email at email@example.com with the following details:
Also, we are on the lookout for individuals who are keen to host some of the events. For that, drop us an email with your details and we’ll schedule you for a short audition when school starts!
The Epiphany Team
Our NUS counterpart, the NUS Literary Society, has an online magazine as well! You can check out their first issue on their website over here (alternatively, click on the image above for a link to Symbal, The NUS Literary Society’s Magazine).
So why not take a break from all the revision and enjoy some excellent writing from our friends in NUS?
Epiphany hopes to publish a selection of the best literary and visual works that were contributed this semester. We are also looking for fresh pieces that have not been submitted yet (but will be by you!) to publish as part of the collection as well:
- We are accepting poetry, prose and plays of no longer than 5000 words
- Photography, illustrations and any other form of visual art are welcome as well
- To be submitted in a digital format of at least 300dpi
- Should be accompanied with a title and an optional write-up of no more than 200 words
- Open to current students (undergraduates and graduate students)
- Students retain the rights to the works they submit, but are required that they do not submit them for any other publication until the project is complete
If you haven’t been published yet, send in your work to us by 10 May 2012 and you may just get the chance of being featured in our physical issue!
Do email us if you have any queries. Alternatively, drop us a message on the FB event’s page right over here.
Our final issue will entertain you through cups of hot chocolate and fortresses of pillows and blanket as you snuggle up to a loved one at home this rainy season for warmth.
A BIG THANK YOU to all who have contributed to the success of Epiphany’s online magazine this semester. We hope to bring you more next semester, including a physical issue you can touch, sniff and ingest come August!
Good Luck on your final lap to that shiny A+ and, a long vacation!
We bring you a collection of bedtime stories to accompany you to sleep this March,
written by none other than the dungeon-dwellers we’ve locked up 63 feet below the ground since the advent of the magazine…
and not without the seductive face of the GRIM lady, conjured up by graphic wizard Joan Chong, hovering over you at night (a gift from us).
Unleash the beast, and send him in any one of these forms: written, graphic, photographic, musical or the moving image to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name and Contact number. Submission call for April’s issue is now open till Friday, 23rd March 2012.
The results for our Hemingway Shortest Story Writing Competition are in!
Epiphany would like to thank Professor Jennifer Crawford for graciously being the judge for the competition, and also our various sponsors and partners – Caran d’Ache, Jaben and BAGGU. Last but not least, a big thank you to all our participants for helping make this event a success.
Offering at altar. Homeless woman bites.
Valerie Champion, Sociology 3rd Year
He bobbled. Currents, vanishing into petals.
Eileen Loh, Chinese 4th Year
Stalwart wall. You seep through. Collapse.
Chang Wenlin Nicole, English 2nd Year
Please come down to our Theater Showcase tomorrow night for the awarding of prizes. Thank you.
(Click on image above to view submissions.)
Venue: HSS Seminar Rooms (6, 7, 8)
Time: 7pm to 9.30pm
Come join us for the first night of Epiphany’s week-long LitFest!
-short films by our ADM students
-Scott Pilgrim vs The World
-Midnight in Paris
-Howl’s Moving Castle
Get FREE popcorn! You might even win a pair of Hippo Pearl Earpiece worth $36 in our Lucky Draw!!!
Come down with your friends for a night of fun!